Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Braves Win!

The Atlanta Braves won their 14th consecutive division title last nigth -- a feat unheard of in professional sports. No other team has ever been this good for this long.

I've been a Braves fan since I was 4 years old, when I have vague memories of something good happening in 1982. Of course, it wasn't until a few years later that I begged to stay up late to see the end of games, but the point is that I've been with the Braves my whole life. From Little League baseball to Internet broadcasts in Santiago. From being the worst team in 1990 to being the best team ever since.

I'm incredibly lucky to have a team that I love so much do so well for all these years. Despite my bitching about their bullpen or their offense or their managerial decisions, the fact is that everything always works out every year.

Some people say that the Braves aren't a great team because they've only won the World Series once during this unprecedented run. I disagree. While one championship is disappointing, I don't think that should take away from the greater, more difficult challenge of being the best of their class, year after year.

The playoffs are a crapshoot anyway. Anything can happen in a short series.

And this year, perhaps the Braves will get lucky one more time and win their second championship.

Go Braves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home