Thursday, September 15, 2005

Win, win, win

Is there something wrong with me? I just keep winning!

I don't know if this is the best winning streak of my poker career in monetary terms, but it's certainly the longest. So far in September, I've had two losing days, and one of those was the first day of the month.

The weird thing about it is that I can feel myself falling into some of the traps that are set up for gamblers. I feel like I may never lose; I feel like the games are easy; I feel like I should step up in limits if I'm doing so well at these; I feel discontent with just winning without any sort of challenge.

It would be easy to make a costly error at this point. I'm going to do what I can to avoid it. If that means playing more conservatively (gasp!), then maybe that's what I'll do.

I'm thinking about taking a day off, but that seems counter-intuitive. You don't take a day off during a winning streak...

Do you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home