Thursday, February 24, 2005

Limit is the future

"The only true way to win is to see the flop for the least amount of money. That simple."
--ltuengineer, a self-appointed table coach at Party Poker, who clearly has no clue what he's talking about

A few more gems from this tool:

"Ever heard of pocket aces losing? Thought so."
"It's all luck fool."
"Your (sic) talking to someone who has taken 3 college level stats classes here
"Your (sic) a no one so stop typing."

Worth the price of admission.

---

Back to the game at hand...

I tried to write a column for the 2+2 Magazine about how limit is a better long-term bet than no limit.

The piece was rejected, and rightfully so. It needed more work, Mason Malmuth wrote in an e-mail to me. I never revisited it because I decided I wasn't qualified to speak with authority on the subject.

My main arguments were that limit makes up the steady wages of poker -- no one plays no limit all the time, and limit is such an important style that it's absolutely essential. Fanboys may play only no limit, but limit has tremendous opportunity to relieve fish of their money.

I still believe this is true, and I'm trying to move up the limit ladder.

On Party Poker, for example, the highest no limit game you can play is $2/$4 with a $200 buy-in.

The highest limit game is $30/$60. If you can average even 1 BB/hr at a single table, that's $60 an hour. Or, more likely, if you can play $15/$30 and three table for 1 BB/hr, that's $90 an hour. I could handle that.

It's recommended that you need at least 300 BB to play at a certain level. I'm going to return to $3/$6 very soon, and I'm going to try $5/$10 6-max also.

Hand of the Day:
Set of 10s vs drawers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home