Thursday, February 17, 2005

Hey! That's my face you're throwing that deck at

I was ready to write a post about tilt, variance and the character-building qualities of suffering beats at the hands of lesser players in a loose, fishy game.

Fuck that.

Everything changed when my losing streak came to a sudden end.

The deck just came out and hit me in the face. Pow!

It hurts so good.

Every fifth hand I looked down at today seemed to be AA or KK. Every flop brought a flush or a draw.

If I missed my draw, I'd make it on the turn.

If I missed tripping up by pocket pair, it would get checked around twice and I'd hit on the river.

One time I looked down at AK out of the big blind. There were a bunch of limpers, and the button had raised it to $3.

"What the hell?" I thought. "I'm a bully and I'm running good."

All in.

Board: KK8TA for a boat. A little bit of overkill vs. pocket 9s.

Any bluff I made got everyone to fold; any time the fish thought I was bluffing I held the nut.

There's no reason for it. I'm not playing much better than usual, and Lord knows I was running bad yesterday. I can't explain why such a hot streak came right after so many bad beats. It doesn't seem to make sense.

But I'm going to enjoy these good times while they last.

I want to cherish this (stop to smell the roses and all that), and maybe I can remember what it feels like next time I start running bad.

In other news, Multipoker (a Party skin) is offering a rare reload bonus: 50 percent up to $100 in bonus with the code FEB05RELOAD. I'm working it off right now.

Hands of the day (or, limit misplays before this golden era):
Check raising a weak flush
Is this river bet for value?

Find a flaw
Set of 8s vs scary river

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home