Saturday, February 12, 2005

Woops!

I've changed my mind.

Screw the small pots. They don't matter nearly as much as the big ones, and it's those I should focus on.

I wrote in the previous post, "I'm beginning to believe that a key to winning limit poker is to win the small battles."

That's just foolishness.

Everything I know, everything I've read, tells me that the big wins are the most important.

Here are some nuggets from Ed Miller, the co-author of "Small Stakes Hold Em," which I consider to be the Bible of the game. These statements come from the 2+2 Forum.

"WHEN THE POT IS BIG DO NOT FOLD DECENT HANDS FOR ONE BET! Just stop doing it.
You know those guys that play "fearless" poker and seem to win? When the pot is big, it is time to play fearless. Throw in that extra bet or raise. If you crash and burn, so be it. That is winning poker, though. If you don't have the stomach for it, take up tiddle-e-winks.
The time to save bets is when the pot is small. Make your prudent folds in the four-ways for one bet pots.
For the love of god, think about this and reevaluate your game, guys. If I folded as much as you guys do, I'd be flat broke right now."


It's hard to argue with the man.

Here's a horribly played hand of mine in 2/4 on Eurobet: AA ugly multiway hand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home