Sunday, February 06, 2005

Yes, Master

Must...play...poker...

I woke up this morning at 8:15 a.m. to play poker when I could have slept in. I play a lot of poker anyway, but now I'm driven.

I'm on the comeback trail.

If tilt is defined as any time your emotions affect your play, then I've been on tilt all of 2005. The emotion is ambition. And the only way I'll get rid of it is to get even for the year.

After a terrible January, I've recovered more than half the money I lost. Perhaps it won't be too much longer.

The way to do this is on the overall most beatable game on the Internet -- the $25 buy-in no limit game on Party Poker and its partner sites. One $25 buy-in at a time, I'm busting these terrible players.

Of course, I'm helped by generous bonus offers from the Party Poker sites. I was just given a $150 bonus from Empire Poker for playing 1,050 hands. One of the reasons I got up early this morning was to work on the one-day-only Super Bowl bonus at PokerNow, which is $100 for playing 1,000 hands over the next three days.

Easily accomplished.

My strategy is to play four tables of NL25 at a time and make some good money there anyway. At that rate, it will only take a few hours to complete this bonus.
When do you pick up your winnings from a table and leave? When the conditions are right.

I consider leaving a table after I make $10. If there aren't any other big stacks, I'll stay. If there are a couple of other people with about as much money as (or more than) I do, I'll leave. The reasoning is that I don't want to risk my profits against players who could potentially bust me. Against smaller stacks, I don't run that risk.
I'm not sure if this makes sense in terms of maximizing value for my money, but the idea is to minimize risk. Any thoughts?

Here are a few hands I posted to the 2+2 forums Saturday for your consideration:
Two 10-10 Hands
Like a mackrel in the moonlight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home