Tuesday, February 15, 2005

No Limit Wasteland

No Limit has always been kind to me.

It's the game I learned first; it's the game where my easy, slow, steady profits come from.

But man, it can get tiresome -- four-tabling NL25, playing a boring, one-dimensional game. Waiting for a strong hand and slowplaying it.

Watching the cards get dealt out, time and again, like a neverending merry-go-round across the table.

Taking the small wins, hoping to spring on someone with a surprise set or gutshot straight.

Maybe I'm weird, but limit poker is where the excitement is for me. Perhaps part of the lure is that my limit game is far weaker than my NL game, and I'm fascinated by the nuances of each betting round rather than the single-minded aggression of NL.

Limit is the prodigal son who I always welcome even when he lets me down; no limit is the wife I can't afford to leave.

Hand of the Day: Passive play with trip 8s

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Human Head said...

" limit poker is where the excitement is for me."

Strange, I have never heard that before from anyone. A perspective from the other side of the fence is always nice without having to jump over it myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home