Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Quick hits

My Internet access has been sporadic because the modem is quickly failing, so that's my excuse for not blogging.

Some items:

_I love listening to poker radio broadcasts while I'm playing. I've listened to Card Club on Lord Admiral Radio just about since it started. I listened to an episode of Poker Diagram last night, which was fun. These guys are British and crazy.
Here are some other links, shamelessly stolen from the Card Club Web site:
http://www.brendoman.com/matt
http://www.pokerpodcast.co.uk
Really, you're playing poker, and you probably want something to listen to. It's better than getting distracted by Web surfing.

_I've gone through something of a slump through the first two weeks of May. It's annoying, and hopefully it will be over soon. I've ended my experiment at playing at $5/$10 6-max, although I actually did OK there and broke near-even. I just decided that I couldn't afford the risk because I'm going to need this bankroll to live off of when I move back to the states. I considered playing some NL$100 for a while, but I've had bad luck there recently and I find I'm lacking patience for NL. So back to $3/$6 for me.

_On a whim, I played a $100+$9 sit-and-go last night. I doubled up early with AA vs. a preflop all-in with 99. I mostly folded around until the blinds got significant. Then when we were down to five players, I decided I needed to steal some blinds to ensure a spot in the money. I raised all in on the button with AK and got called by the big stack in the small blind, who had 55. The big blind was also all in with something like J8. The 55 holds up, and I go home on the bubble. I don't feel bad about it.

_Girls in Argentina are so hot. Every ... single ... one. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home