Monday, May 02, 2005

Limit vs. No Limit

Never before have the differences between limit and no limit seemed so clear as they do now.

Now if I only knew how to exploit them better ...

I finally feel like I'm getting comfortable at limit, which took forever. So what do I do? Take a tour of the $100 buyin no limit games at Party Poker.

Wow. Most of these players are bad.

The whole feel of the game is different to me. You have to fold more, and calling down to the river is generally bad strategy unless you have a pretty damn good hand.

While the moments of winning big hands are more exciting than in limit, they come like a flash of lightning. One minute you have $100, the next you either have $200 or $0 if you go all in and get a caller.

That said, the time in between these big hands seems to pass very slowly. No limit can be quite boring when you're not getting any cards.

Limit is in many ways more fun because you get involved with more hands, it's more profitable to reach a showdown, and there seems to be a right and wrong answer for each of the multiple decisions in each hand.

No limit goes more like this when you have a good hand:

Check the flop. Call the bet. Check the turn. Re-raise all in. I bet my opponent didn't see that trap coming. But that's the way you do it.

The bottom line though is that they both can be good games. There's plenty of money out there for all of us.

---

Take advantage of the PokerNow bonus. They'll give you a bonus of 30 percent on your next deposit up to $200. So deposit more than $667 to get the maximum.

---

Hand of the Day: How badly did I play this?

I commented in this thread that I thought betting out the flop with T7o top pair wasn't a good move. I'm sorry, but T7o is just too damn weak to bet out into a multiway pot from the big blind. You're going to get callers, and one of them is more than likely to already have or soon will have a better hand. Keep the pot small, go for a check-raise or wait for the turn with a shitty top pair hand like this. You're not protecting anything by betting it out, and I can't see how the bet is for much value either.

---

Other interesting hands/posts:

Did I play this draw correctly?

I don't wanna raise...QJs UTG
How much would GOD make playing poker?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home