Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Peacemaker

Villain: Made your flush, huh?

Then he bets $20 into an $80 pot.

He was right. I had made my flush with J8 on the river. So why was he betting into me on the river if he had read me correctly?

Either he was bluffing, he was testing me, or he wanted a call.

Hero: I did make my flush. You have a better flush?

Villain: No.

My read was correct when I called. He hadn't made his flush. This calling station had made a boat on the river by holding onto pocket TT the whole way and made a boat on the river with the third 10. He dragged the $300 pot from the $100 buyin no limit pot.

I could have just called. I should have just called. But my read on him was correct. He didn't have a flush.

So now it's time for the NL$100 revenge tour. I'm taking no mercy. This aggression will not stand. These fish need to pay for their transgressions.

Could I make more money playing 3/6 limit? Probably.

But as I told Daniel: I need to make things right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home