Tuesday, April 19, 2005

New PT

The only thing to write about is my new PokerTracker database. I've been using the default database since I first starting using this kick-ass program in December, and it was running a bit slow. Now it moves a good bit faster.

Before changing over the database, I went through and put fish on my buddy list so I can track them down. Discussion on the best way to do this can be found in the PokerTracker Guide.

The play itself on Eurobet is just trucking along. I've been pretty even for the last week or so, which means I have nothing to complain about.

I feel like I've been suffering more than my share of bad beats, but then again, I always feel that way!

It makes me wonder which is worse: to get good hands and lose more than your fair share, or to not get any good hands at all? Probably the first option, because second-best hands are the most expensive.

In other trivial poker news:

_I traveled to Mendoza, Argentina over the weekend to renew my tourist visa, which I have to do every three months. I rode on the bus with this Irish guy who was fascinated by the prospect of making money at online poker. I had "Small Stakes Hold em" on me, and he asked to borrow it. I was happy to oblige him and tell him some basics. But I think giving that book to a complete newbie is like handing nukes to a cat.

_Speaking of cats, my friends Daniel, Drew and Shammie leave for Vegas on Thursday. Be sure to check out Daniel's blog for updates from the gambling capital of the world.

_For my brother's birthday a couple of months ago, I transferred $50 into an Ultimate Bet account for him. He played the $5 and $1 tournaments until he was down to $2, but then came all the way back to build up to $150. Then he sold his stake to a friend of his, who blew all the money. Would my brother buy back in? Of course he would! A winning player can't stay away. So now he's slugging it out again at UB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home