Monday, April 25, 2005

Razu!

I'll keep this post short and to the point.

Not enough people take advantage of hands like KJ and KQ from middle to late position.

If there are only limpers in front of you, it's profitable to raise every time. If there's a raiser, of course you can safely let it go most of the time.

I've linked to this before, but it drives the point home: Ed Miller's Hand Quiz.

He says that KJ is known as a trouble hand, but you should raise it if there's no sign you're in trouble (meaning limpers). There's no question in my mind that he's right, at least for limit poker. KJ is a strong hand.

2 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger kurokitty said...

This is a good posting and exactly some of the "recalibration" that I needed after I reread HFAP and SSH over the weekend. I scored 5 points, but mainly because I've recently been reindoctrinated with Miller's good tips. Already I have used them at $2/4 on Full Tilt and was surprised to force people off of hands with as little as paired up 5s and a backdoor flush, making me think that, like in Miller's quiz, people are not thinking about all of the possibilities of opponents' hands.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger kurokitty said...

Plus...I believe Drew said that just about every dealer at the Sahara this weekend said "Razu!" at least once!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home