Friday, July 01, 2005

A Trip

Where the hell am I?

Tunica, Miss., that's where. Nothing ... like ... Santiago.

I went from winter to summer. I traveled from 5 p.m. on Wednesday until 4 p.m. on Thursday, when I finally arrived at the Gold Strike. I dropped my bags off at the hotel room and headed straight to the poker room.

So there I was, on little rest, still accidentally speaking in Spanish sometimes. I sat at a 3/6 table with something I haven't seen in a long time -- a group of Southern folk missing teeth, with Southern accents, playing live poker.

I had been away too long. I had forgotten how passive live games can be.

It wasn't long before I got my favorite hand of the trip so far. It was 54 suited from the small blind. I flopped bottom pair and a flush draw, and then I check-raised the field. The flush came on the turn, which I bet out and got several callers. I bet the river and got raised by the button, but I reraised and showed down the unpredictable flush. Nice pot.

I've been here for only one night so far, but I've won money at every table I've sat at. It's so passive compared to any online game you could find.

At 11 a.m., I'll head over to Sam's Town for a $30 buy-in freeze-out no limit tourney. The field will be about 75 players, and I plan to make the money!

My friend Daniel has some good posts on the trip so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home