Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The Truth

I don't believe in much, but I have faith in what I know about poker.

I think playing with wild cards with the gringos here is fun, but not necessarily profitable.

I'm thankful when fish suck out on me because that's how I make money in the long run.

Good players win and bad players lose over time.

Losing streaks are short-term occurrences that are nothing to worry about. I know that I'm good at poker and the results will come.

I know it's important to keep accurate records of wins and losses because I should only try to bluff other players, not myself.

Even the best poker player is lost at sea without a bankroll to support the limits he's playing at.

The rake is expensive, but the games are still profitable.

No limit poker is easier to play than limit poker, at least at the levels I play.

Aggressive play wins money; passive play misses opportunities.

It takes money to make money.

Most people don't have the discipline to play poker well, even if they have a strong grasp of the game.

The only way to improve is to practice and study.

Betting for information can be valuable, but it's often overpriced.

Losing is part of the game.

Getting in with the best of it is always profitable. But sometimes it's OK to fold in marginal situations.

I hold these truths to be self-evident ... and comforting.

Link:
Everything I needed to know about poker I learned from watching Star Wars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home