Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Tunica (take 2)

A few quick notes...

_ I made back more than half the money I lost last night in an afternoon session today. The conditions were almost as good as last night, and this time I won!

_ Tunica will be fantastic. It will probably be even more profitable than last time! Water, water everywhere, but not a drop for the fish to drink. I'm staying at the Horseshoe, which is very nice. I can only hope the play is as passive as it was a month ago.

_ I've been wanting to write a post about a rule of thumb I tell myself over and over again. Here it is: Aggression is hardly ever spewing chips. Sure, aggressive play will cost you money when you're behind. But more often than not, you're either ahead or drawing to the nuts. And sometimes, you'll win the hand on a bluff, which is a huge coup. Spewing chips is only wrong when you get yourself committed to a hand you can't win. But in the long run, aggression wins the money.

_ My journey into 10/20 land last night made clear something I've read before. The play isn't better, it's just more aggressive. You have to call down more against maniacs, and that means there are more marginal situations. But those marginal situations will add up to profits, especially against overly loose players.

Wish me luck in Tunica!

1 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep the rest of the troops posted on the mission to Tunica!

Good luck! Or, more appropriately, may the sucker at the other end of the table NOT have good luck.

dg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home