Friday, July 22, 2005

Poker Sins

Here are a few things that I've done recently that are guaranteed to hurt your bankroll:

_Playing poker right after you wake up. I did this when I woke up this morning, and then again after a took a nap. Terrible results both times. I wish I would learn my lesson...

_Making decisions too quickly.

_Failing to stop playing after you realize you're game isn't at its best.

_Getting sucked out on. I'm still trying to figure out how to make sure flush cards only come when I need them, and not when my opponents need them. I'm working on it!

---

Also, there's a new bonus at Poker Stars. It's a 20 percent bonus up to $120. You need to deposit $600 to get the maximum bonus amount. I like Poker Stars, but I feel like I was so used to playing at the Party sites that I made some mistakes. I wasn't used to the faster speed of the games or having to wait for specific tables.

That reminds me of another item for the list above: Don't experiment with your game when changing poker sites. I was trying to be more aggressive in some situations, and I was also trying new things in terms of blind defense. But I think the several things foiled me: not being accustomed to the software and not having any PokerTracker data on the Poker Stars players.

Here's the obvious point I'm trying to make:

Don't play stupid. There are a lot of common-sense solutions to poker problems. Just think about things before making careless decisions. I've gotten pretty good at this, but sometimes I have days like today where I completely slip up and forget everything I've learned.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Buffalo66 said...

I actually play my best poker right after I wake up - assuming I've had a cup of coffee! Being tired at the tables makes me a little tilty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home