Thursday, August 11, 2005

A Cry for Help

I've pretty much decided that my Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW+ motherboard must be rubbish. I installed two new hard drives in a mirrored RAID yesterday, and one of them has already crashed.

Not good. Very not good.

So if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Here's what I need:

1) Suggestions about replacement motherboards/server workstations. I would be looking for a dual processer board that supports the AMD Athlon MP chipset. I'd also like the board to have RAID controllers, but I guess that's not necessary.

2) A computer genious who can come up with a miracle cure for my computer. Yes, the bios and drivers are all updated. Yes, this is the fourth (fourth!) hard drive to fail under this system.

3) Ideas about a complete replacement for this computer at a cheap price.

Let me know. Until then, online profits will be severely limited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home