Sunday, March 06, 2005

Family Vacation

My family is visiting me here in Santiago, so I won't have much time to get some gaming in.

But I'm such an addict that I found time.

First, I logged in for a 30 minute session and won a huge pot. I made two pair with AQ and bet it out, but I was raised with a caller on the turn. I told my brother: "I'm fucked unless I get an ace or a queen on the river."

Sure enough, the queen comes and makes my boat. The pot is capped, and I take down the pot against a lower boat. Then I logged off, content in my 30 BB win.

Later on, I was pretty drunk after my roommates had a party.

Only NL$100 would do for my state of mind. It was a good choice.

I doubled up immediately with limped pocket AA vs. a lower pocket pair. My reads were spot on for the rest of the session. I split a few pots vs. suckouts on the river, but then I found myself at a great juicy table.

This one guy started raising weird amounts like $4.99. Another dude said those betting amounts were stupid, and the first guy said, "I'm already in your head."

It wasn't long before most everyone at the table was betting odd amounts for fun.

I was happy to play their little game, and I made two pair on the river with KJ and went all in.

Another guy said, "AJ" for a higher two pair. The weird betting dude said, "Call him, you have him beat."

Then he folded.

A nice score in two short sessions.

This family vacation drunken poker playing could grow on me.

Link:
Building a bankroll

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home