Thursday, March 03, 2005

BR $3,000

Like any shrewd investor, I try to reinvest a portion of my profits in projects needing venture capital.

Projects like higher limits.

Unfortunately, this hasn't paid off yet, but I think it will eventually.

I entered 2005 in the middle of my first 3/6 expedition, which was moving fairly slowly -- I hadn't had too many ups or downs.

Jan. 7 was a $650 day, but then came a terrible slide.

First came a $940 drop in limit, followed by a tilt-induced try at 1/2 no limit, which cost me $1,208. Finally, in a desperate attempt to get even, I blew $255 more on multitable tourneys without a single win.

My bankroll plunged to a meek $800 after finishing 2004 with more than $2,000.

That was at the end of January.

Thankfully, February brought in a new era of success.

I recovered all my losses and more.

I thought it would be a much slower climb, but I told myself I would just have to slum it at .1/.25 no limit for a while and gradually move up.

I started by finishing off my bonus at Full Tilt and then moved on to the soft NL$25 games at Party Poker.

The hours didn't seem as long as they were.

But when I stopped to look around, I found that I had reached a new peak.

I had topped $3,000 in winnings and had nearly quadrupled my bankroll in one month. That doesn't even account for my new rakeback deal that will pay me nearly $500 more in a few days.

And the steep climb continues. I haven't broken a sweat yet.

See you at BR $4,000 in a few days.

Link:
Barry Greenstein ranks the skills of the pros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home