Friday, March 18, 2005

It's raining fish

I despise fish, and yet I should love them.

If not for the fish, where would the money come from?

Most of my profits come from poor poker players, and I try to avoid confrontations with the more-skilled rounders.

By their nature, fish suck out. Their DNA tells them to not fold.

It's ingrained in their behavior, passed down from elder fish, that they play bad cards poorly. They raise when they should fold, they call when they should raise. They win when they should lose, but more often than not, they lose.

I hate fish because I hate losing to fish. And beating a fish is not very fulfilling because they deserve to lose.

Where do the fish come from? I keep worrying that they'll disappear, that someday they'll reform and suddenly learn how to play poker. I fear that they'll start reading books and forums and tighten their game.

Fortunately, these fish are goldfish. They'll always die, and there will always be more. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

My only recourse is to give them what they've been asking for: A quick mercy killing.

Link:
Poker Player Newspaper

2 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger April said...

As long as poker stays this popular, the supply of fish will be unending. Great post!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger April said...

Their DNA tells them to not fold.
Priceless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home